Van den Hul Mainstream Hybrid strømkabel
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID is our new special quality heavy power cable.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID has been specially designed bearing uncompromised mains power distribution to high-end audio, video and professional equipment in mind and is able to deliver a virtually unlimited stream of low noise mains power.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID features:
- A unique embedded powerline noise suppression filter.
- A very high continuous current capacity and a maximum transparency with regards to instantaneously drawn current surges.
- Strong shielding against in and outwards radiation of electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
- Heavy conductors and shield of the high quality also found in our loudspeaker cables.
- Extreme ruggedness and therefore a very long lifespan.
An important feature of The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID are its carefully designed powerline noise suppression properties:
- First of all The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID’s special Hybrid conductor structure and configuration have been designed to work as an embedded powerline filter. This unique built-in filter effectively suppresses high frequency powerline noise (*1) without imposing any current delivery limitations: Unlike conventional powerline filters, The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID does not employ any filtering components in series with its AC current path; Series impedance (reactance) is absent and the cable therefore does not exhibit any current limiting, resonance or sluggish response to current demand effects. A true unlimited stream of clean mains power indeed!
*1: The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID’s special embedded filter structure suppresses both existing types of powerline contamination, i.e.: differential mode (across the lines) as well as common mode (simultaneous on both lines) noise components.
- Secondly, the cable is equipped with a high quality shield. This heavy shield has two important functions:
1. It keeps powerline noise from radiating outwards onto your close by equipment and interconnects.
2. It keeps external electromagnetic and radio frequency interference from entering the AC line.
- Third, the cable’s central yellow-green colored ground lead features a broadband low impedance, which allows for perfect drainage of the connected equipment’s ground current noise and thus further helps to keep the noise floor down.
In transporting AC power as well as cleaning and protecting it from high frequency noise, The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID is a unique multifunctional product.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID can be looked upon as a gatekeeper, physically separating the noise contaminated mains from your equipment’s interconnect and power wiring without imposing any current delivery limitations.
Note: To ensure proper noise suppression behaviour, The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID is not sold in lengths below 1.5 meter.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID has been equipped with heavy gauge high purity dense silver coated high purity oxygen free stranded copper conductors (quite a mouth full).
The effective cross-section area of The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID’s blue Neutral and brown Lead/Hot current leads (*2) each is 1.69 mm² (~ AWG 15), yielding a very low 1.0 Ohm/100 m. series resistance.
The cable’s loop current series resistance is therefore a very low 0.02 Ohm per meter run.
The combined contact resistance of attached common mains and IEC plugs often is higher; Therefore the use of high quality plugs, outlets, power entries and further mains wiring is important.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID’s 1.69 mm² current leads (*2), as per international standard: IEC Publication 335-1, allow a continuous operating current in excess of 16 Amperes, which at 230 V AC mains is equivalent to a continuous power capacity of 3.7 kilowatt.
*2: The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID contains three blue Neutral and three brown Lead/Hot conductors which, when paralleled per three, each constitute a 1.69 mm² current lead.
With its gold coloured heavy HULLIFLEX ® 4 jacket and heavy shield beneath, The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID is extremely rugged.
The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID’s high purity dense silver coated stranded shield and inner conductors, as well as its throughout applied HULLIFLEX ® 4 polymer insulation material furthermore provide an optimal protection against chemical (corrosive) attack from the outside world and ensure a very long lifespan.
With all features on board for an uncompromised and long lasting performance, The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID is the ultimate choice for the critical audiophile and professional.
IMPORTANT WARNING! – Fake copies on the market
As with any company who makes successful products there are always people who are copying them, no matter whether you are in the perfume, watch, clothing or cable industry. Please note that there are some fake copies of The MAINSSTREAM HYBRID around. They can be very easily recognized, even without knowing all the security markings placed on and inside the cable:
- The copy has a more green than gold PVC shiny jacket.
- The writing on the cable is different from the original one:
Van den Hul M.C. THE MAINSSTREAM HYBRID >Halogen free< VDE-Reg.-Nr. 7824 CE
Please note that the VDE-Reg. mark came after 2005
van den Hul M.C. THE MAINSSTREAM HYBRID >Halogen free<
- The copy also has non-original connectors, some marked C-320 or P-320.
- The back of the connectors says MADE IN HOLLAND instead of VAN DEN HUL.
- The copied American plug has no ground pin.
- The copied UK plug is black where we use a white one with our logo in gold printed on it.
- There is no Linear Structured Carbon ® inside so the function is just the same as (or worse than) any other standard € 5,- electricity cable bought at your local hardware store.
Please don’t use this cable. It is dangerously bad constructed and terminated.
There is a very realistic chance of malfunction causing damage to your equipment at best and the chance of being electrocuted or causing a fire at worst.